Beginning of line
A spartan life in an ENVIRONmENT favorable to communication
Role models as source of inspiration
- Aravind Eye Care in Madurai which proposes to everyone and especially the poorest, affordable solutions to find eyesight again.
- M.S.Swaminathan in Chennai, one of the fathers of the agricultural green revolution in India and founder of the M.S.Swamiathan Research Institute (MSSRF) which promotes agricultural and rural development through research.
- Bunker Roy in Tilonia, the famous founder of the Barefoot College who brings to front collective and locale innovations in order to find frugal solutions to problems such as the access to education, energy or health.
India, a dive in another world
Jaggery in your coffee?
DEORIA: First immersion in the rural india
- Culture such as rice, sugar cane and vegetables - produced in small quantity because of the lack of water
- Breeding, with 1 or 2 cows owned by each family which provide milk, organic fertilizer but also energy: manure was used to create small brickets for fuel
- Sales and distribution channels relying on a long and complex supply chain,
- Issus as access to lands and corruption are omnipresent problems